Welcome to the first episode of the new year! We are starting in the deep end of the knowledge pool; it’s all about SEO. We are very upfront that we don’t know much, but we hope that what we do know will help you.
SEO, What is it? What does it entail? This week we delve not that deeply into this topic. We’re barely scratching the surface and only because there’s so much information when it comes to SEO. We talk about how to optimize your website to work for your SEO instead of against it. Does Instagram or any social media help you with backlinks? Also, what are backlinks?
603 Barton Springs Rd. Austin, TX 78751
Drive-through or dine-in burger shack with an old-fashioned menu, including milkshakes & sundaes.
This is a very nostalgic place to eat, they have amazing hamburgers and even better ice cream, this is a fun place to go on a date or just to hang out with friends or family. The pricing is decent but the food is well worth it highly recommend to anyone visiting Austin for the 1st time
- What is SEO?
- SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
- Keywords: How people find you!
- The First three pages of google: Prime real estate
- Talking about all things website: Bounce, call-to-action, Image optimization, Website load time.
- Check your website FAQ for image dimensions.
- Google can’t see images, use your metadata for keywords in images.
- Blog stomp: compresses images, take care of metadata. Good for ALT Text.
- Secure your website, so google finds you trustworthy. Try SSL Certificates
- DO NOT USE WIX
- if using WordPress, the Profoto plugin has SEO capabilities.
- Quality Blacklinks are better than quantity. Collab and tag people in your industry so you can have well rounded backlinks
- Frequency of use
- Who used them?
- When did they use them?
- How many people/accounts have used the hashtag
- Cheyenne: I search for hashtags between 10,000-1 mil uses
- Figure out what hashtags your audience is looking for and use those.
- Are tags better than hashtags?
- Tag Collaborators in both captions and on the picture itself
- Tip from Cayla: Tags in captions tend to get lost, tagging in the picture means the people you work with are more likely to get a notification.
- Is blogging worth your time?